Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

How to Get Over Writer's Block + Get Inspired

As a pretty frequent blogger,  I sometimes run out of blog ideas. I'll usually come up with a bunch of different topics to post, plan them out, post them, and then I run out of things to talk about. Writer's block is the worst especially when you end up getting really frustrated and it lasts a few days to weeks. If you're a victim of this disease currently, I GOTCHU.

Here's a few of my tips on how to cure writer's block and get ~inspired~ :

1. Go out on a nice nature hike or walk. 

I don't have many options to go for a scenic hike, because of where I live. I mean, there's tons of scenic places in Texas but I'm only willing to drive maybe 10 minutes away from home and all the scenic places are 30 minutes. Anyway, there is this nature preserve near me that is so beautiful! It's great for hiking and casual walking. You walk amongst the wild and site all kinds of wildlife on the hike. I've been to this preserve a couple of times and I absolutely loved it. Not only is going on a hike healthy (cardio!!) but it's also calming and lets your mind loose. Nature is great for obtaining inspiration.

2. Go window shopping.

So it might not be the best idea to go shopping if you're a shopaholic. Instead of getting inspiration, you might just spend your most recent paycheck. HOWEVER, a little window shopping won't hurt anyone! Spending time at malls, especially high-end outlet malls are really great if you're a fashion blogger who can't seem to put together the next outfit for Fall Fashion. I love going to malls and window shopping because that way, I can see what's the "new look" and how I would incorporate it into my style.

3. SLEEP.

Sometimes, the cause of writer's block can be due to lack of sleep. Go to sleep or take a nap! Either way, resting yourself is good for you.

4. Change your routine.

We are humans and when we get stuck in this same monotonous routine, we tend to forget the creativity and fun in life. Switch up your routine! Take a day to just chill and spend time with a friend or two! Spending down-time with others will make you feel happy and more alive, which in turn, will *finger crossed* cure your writer's block!

5. Go on Pinterest!

We all know that the hub of creative/cute/pretty/and all things every women would want is Pinterest. It's just the God of pretty things and DIY's. I go on Pinterest daily just to take a break from studying and doing other boring things. I don't necessarily pin things, I just scroll around, cry at things I can't have, and awe at things I can create.

Pinterest is actually really therapeutic.

6. Paint or draw

You don't have to be an artist for this one. I've seen pieces of trash on display at museums. No really, it was a piece of trash - smooshed Coke can on stick with a random paper butterfly glued to the Coke can. Painting and drawing is traditionally used in many treatment centers as a therapeutic medicine. It calms you and lets your creative juices flowing.

So these are my six suggestions on how to get inspired. HOPEFULLY, at least one will help you! If it doesn't, I'm so dearly sorry and maybe ideas will just come to you randomly one day. Do you have any ways to get over writer's block?! Tell me in the comments!

~Misbah 

No comments:

Post a Comment