Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Face Mask Review + Favorites

I absolutely love face masks because they not only nourish and refresh my skin, but they also give me some relaxation time. I use them at least twice a week, three times at the most to remove any dead skin cells and rejuvenate my skin. Every time I use a mask, my skin glows!

Claim: Soaks up unnecessary oils, without drying out your skin too much, and it exfoliates your skin to remove dead cells.

Perfect for: all skin types

Verdict: Yes it does! I have very dry skin so I need something that will suck out all the dirt after a long day without flaking my skin. When you first apply the mask, it begins to feel warm on your skin - a very soothing feeling. When you exfoliate, you can feel your skin already beginning to become refreshed! It does not dry my skin and it definitely does remove the dead skin because my face is so much more brighter and uplifting after I use this.

I do recommend you apply this over the sink because sometimes the product doesn't entirely stick to your face due to the grainy nature of it.

Claim: Takes out dirt and oils from pores. The infused avocado and oatmeal moisturizes skin for lasting skin softness.

Perfect for: normal to combination skin

Verdict: It's alright for my skin type. I do believe the mask rids your skin from dirt and oils, but not so much on the "lasting skin softness". Because my skin is dry, I expected that my skin would need additional moisturizing. However, my sister who has oily skin uses this and loves it! It keeps her skin fresh and moisturized! It also helps a lot with small breakouts!

Claim: Purges dirt and excess oil from face for a cleaner, refined surface. Also, the 8-antioxident blend of fruits guard against free radicals and environmental stress.

Perfect for: all skin types

Verdict: It's very different, but I kind of like it! This was my first peel-off mask I've ever used because I other peel-off's have been known to do quite a bit of damage to your skin. When you apply the product, it goes on clear and stays clear! It's the weirdest thing ever when you begin peeling it because it looks as if you're peeling off your skin. However, I feel that the infused fruits do calm my skin down after a long day and it does strip away dirt and oil - not too much though.

Claim: Delivers relief from inflammation caused by breakouts. Clay absorbs oil to minimize shine and large pores.

Perfect for: breakout prone and oily skin.

Verdict: YES. My skin is not breakout prone or oily, but I do use this mask whenever I have a couple of small breakouts here and there. Regarding the breakouts, this mask not only calms down the inflammation but it can also remove white heads! I do have large pores in my T-zone. I didn't really see a difference with my pores. My sister uses this for her oily skin and it seems to work fine with her!

Claim: Tones skin and diminishes the appearance of large pores and moisturizes for smoother, softer skin.

Perfect for: normal to dry skin.

Verdict: YES! What I love about this mask is that it does tone your skin. Sometimes, my skin can get irritated during the day and becomes a pinkish tint around my cheeks. After using this mask, the tint does go away and it does moisturize! Aside from all the great benefits, the mask smells EXACTLY like chocolate and strawberries which makes my mouth water.


Claim: Effective pore cleanser, tightens loose and sagging skin,  and relaxes tired facial muscles to soften lines and wrinkles. 

Perfect for: mature skin

Verdict: It's okay. This was one of my first facial masks ever and my mother and I would share this. I don't believe it relaxes tired facial muscles, but it does clean pores. My face was brighter after I used this mask! 


Claim: Absorbs excess oil and minimizes the appearance of pores. 

Perfect for: any skin type

Verdict: I LOVE. Not only is aroma of this mask refreshing, it does wonders for my skin. I use this at the end of the day on the hottest days of summer. After my skin has taken in all the extra oil and dirt, I leave this mask on. When I wash it off, my skin looks visibly cleaner. My pores seem to disappear too! 


You can probably tell which ones are my all time favorites, but if I were to pick three it would be the charcoal, strawberry, and mint julep masks. They work best for my skin and in my opinion, are the best facial masks to exist.

~Misbah


No comments:

Post a Comment