Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Campfire S'mores Indoors

I've always wanted to roast marshmallows on a campfire but I never had the chance! I've never gone camping (and I don't intend to) and I don't have a fire pit in my backyard. Recently, I've been getting that s'mores itch again and I found a way to create the same campfire effect, using no fire at all!

Materials:
- Marshmallows
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate (the thinner the pieces, the better this works)
- Toaster Oven
- Foil
- Skewer (optional)

Step 1: Take out a piece of foil big enough to fit however many s'mores you want to make. 

Step 2: Lay the foil down on a metal tray to place inside the toaster oven. Place the marshmallows on the foil, 1 inch apart from one another.

Step 3: Set your toaster on high (mine was 450 degrees) and on broil for about 4 minutes. Be sure to keep a watch so you don't burn them. Keep checking every minute and when they are golden brown at the top, take them out with your hands or skewer. 

Step 4: Place the toasted marshmallow on the graham cracker and chocolate. The heat from the marshmallow will melt the chocolate. 


Step 5: Now it's the fun part! Take the other graham cracker and squish! The marshmallow will ooze out just enough, melting the chocolate underneath into deliciousness. Serve and enjoy!


~Misbah

No comments:

Post a Comment