Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sun-dried tomato-kalamata olive muffins

Today marked the end of Ramadan which means tomorrow is the day every Muslim has been waiting for - eid! Eid is the celebration at the end of Ramadan where we all pray, eat, and enjoy time with our family. My family will be having our annual breakfast together at my aunt's house tomorrow and I decided to make breakfast muffins! After searching and searching, I finally found a recipe in the newspaper for some savory muffins and I did switch it up a bit based on my own liking. These are super healthy and delicious! Enjoy! 

What you'll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), drained and roughly chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
I bought the feta cheese and olives from Costco because Walmart was expensive. Yes, Walmart can be expensive.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

My beautiful chopped veggies
Step 2: In another bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the olive oil and milk, and mix to combine. Add this mixture to the four mixture and stir until incorporated. Gently fold in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and feta.

I used these adorable cupcake liners I was given.
Step 3: Spoon batter into lined and greased muffin tins, filling about 1/2 from the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are firm to the touch.


These muffins turned out so yummy and scrumptious! I made and printed out the toppers which you can find here for the tutorial.

~Misbah

1 comment:

  1. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. diced dates supplier in Netherlands

    ReplyDelete